Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Deep birthday thoughts

If you follow me on twitter, you have probably figured out it's my birthday today. It's not a milestone, but it is awfully close to one.

As one often does at this time of year, I've been thinking about life, the universe and everything. Apart from the cheeky 42 for an answer, what can I say?

10 years ago, when I was staring down the "no more 20 something" barrel, I was married, working for myself, owned a house (or at least owned part of a house along with a bank), making heaps of money, and generally relaxed about the way my 20s were finishing off.

Now, I'm staring down the "no more 30 something" barrel, and things are way different. I'm in the process of getting divorced, I work for a government-ish organization (which I love, btw), working reasonable hours (for less money than I was making at 29), renting a great apartment on the beach. I can say, though, that I'm generally relaxed about the way my 30s are finishing off.

I like the life I have now. It's a bit of a start over the last year or so. It's taking me a while to sort out things, but I'm pretty happy with the way I am travelling.

So, here's to another decade of goodness and change!

Cheers

No comments: