Friday, October 29, 2010

So, I'm growing a mustache ...

At least, I'm going to try with all my heart. I've signed up for Movember as a Mo Sista. I don't expect to actually grow a mustache, and I'm really hoping that agreeing to do it doesn't suddenly tick a box in my hormone delivery system that says grow facial hair.

My reasons are simple: I adore men! That's no surprise to anyone, really. I can't imagine my life without my random collection of male friends who make my life the joy ride that it is. (I love you ladies too, but this one is for the boys).

I've got an uncle who is a prostate cancer survivor. One of my favourite professors from university died of prostate cancer. It is, sadly, far too common. And, unfortunately, a lot of guys are embarrassed to get checked because of what's involved. I look at it this way, it's your dick! Keep it healthy so it keeps working!

I've also got male friends who struggle with depression. I've lost friends who couldn't battle on any longer and I don't want to lose any more. Anything I can do to help them out, I will do.

So, boys, I <3 you and I'm willing to grow facial hair for you! So, sponsor me, or sponsor my team or grow one of your own! Get involved!

No comments: